Members of Generation X, or Gen Xers, grew up in a time when there were more dual-income families, single-parent households, and children of divorce than when boomers were growing up.
Nearly half (47%) of adults in their 40s and 50s have a parent age 65 or older and are either raising a young child or financially supporting a grown child (age 18 or older). And about one-in-seven middle-aged adults (15%) is providing financial support to both an aging parent and a child. Meet the ‘Sandwich Generation’. The burdens and responsibilities of middle-aged Americans are increasing. This adds more daily stress with little time for self-care and mental wellness.
Most members of “the sandwich generation” are Gen Xers, per a new Pew report.
According to PEW; “Men and women, as well as adults across racial and ethnic groups, are about equally likely to be in the sandwich generation, but there are some differences by educational attainment, income, and marital status. About a third of married adults (32%) are in the sandwich generation, compared with 23% of those who are divorced or separated, 20% of those who are living with a partner, and just 7% each of those who are widowed or have never been married.”
Caring for kids and parents simultaneously can carry an emotional and financial toll. Call-light brings a fresh solution.
Serving as the primary caregiver for a loved one(s) is a time-consuming and stressful task. Find freedom with these advantages by hiring on-demand and skilled medical care to your door:
- Assistance whether it’s one hour a day or weekly. The flexibility will create pockets of time for you to take care of you, while a qualified nurse takes care of the one you love.
- Receive privacy and comfort in the home with newborn or elderly assistance.
- Trust for ease of mind. All Call-Light nurses are thoroughly screened and bring the highest level of profession to you.
- Stress may impact your mental health greatly. Receive valuable support and guidance.
- Have you been waiting to get that surgery, but no one is around to assist you? Recover from surgery in the comfort of your home with a trusted Call-Light nurse.
- Take a mental wellness day and let us support you. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by your daily roles and responsibilities but It’s important to take time for yourself to. A break to reset may be needed. It’s important to pause to come back with more energy, less stress and a renewed spirit.
If you can relate to this blog, you may be part of the ‘sandwich generation’. Remember, you are not alone.There is support just a tap away. Be the first to experience this one-of-a-kind online marketplace created by a nurse for nurses and patients here.